Sunday 17 February 2019

Native American Afghan - version 2

So, at the beginning of the year I happened to stumble across this pattern that I absolutely fell in love with. It was a pattern that was to push me to new limits and develop my crochet skill and take it to another level. When I found the mandala madness blanket pattern a couple of years ago I loved the pattern so much that I ended up making 4 different versions of it including using a different type of wool to the one that the others were made in. I have done the same again with this pattern. I am currently making 2 different versions with a third and possibly a fourth in the pipeline.

The first version I have completed 2 out of the 5 sections of the Native American Afghan CAL and have just started the 3rd section. This one is done in black and teal and am using dk yarn with a 4mm hook. This version I am using caron cakes in the shade of bumbleberry for the accent colour with black again being my main colour. I am really pleased with how this looks so totally different to the other version. It has taken a bit of getting used to swapping between the 2 of them and trying to get my tension correct for each especially where the yarn differs in thickness along with the size hook.

The butterflies and the rivers sections have been completed on the second Native American Afghan. Onto the eagles ....................






No comments:

Post a Comment