Sunday 25 June 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 6

Well part 6 has a new stitch for me to learn and I absolutely love it! I now have been doing the bobble stitch. At first I was a bit apprehensive as it meant turning my blanket around and working from the back instead of the front. It was a little fiddly at first but I soon got used to it. I started doing this new stitch on the white blanket. The one that will eventually be given to my Mum and did the bobble section using the pink wool. I am still trying to work out how to repeat my accent colours on the double knit blankets. The repeat is; pink, green and then either blue or grey depending on which of the double knit blankets it is.

With the colour change I don't have that issue but I was concerned about working from the back with the bobbles. The wool very slowly changes and as I have been going in the same direction I was worried that I would end up with a section that might be more of a block of colour rather than the subtle variation in colour that is barely noticeable. I needn't have worried as where the rounds are still fairly small the change doesn't show and I know its there! The colour, by the end of the part, has changed again. The green has completely gone and a dusky pink colour has now started to creep in.

The part ended up finishing with a round that reminds me of a picket fence and for the first time there are big(ish) visible gaps in the work. It will be interesting to see how the next part starts from there. I am looking forward to it.

Onto part 7 ...................




No comments:

Post a Comment