Saturday 8 July 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 7


Well that's part 7 completed on all of the three blankets and they have started to have a subtle shape change again. Rather than staying as a star shape (that part 6 finished on) there is a curve section that is starting to grow in the base of the inverted points. This has been done with treble clusters, to start to fill it in and then on the next round, little shells have been which makes it look like a little fan behind. I like with the double knit versions that this part has been done with green wool and ties in very nicely with the ruffle stitch that was done in part 3.

I really enjoyed doing the bobble stitch last time so was really pleased to see that it is repeated again in this part. With both my double knit versions the bobbles are in different colours, one in pink and one in the base colour of either black or white. I like how this adds to the texture with my choice of repeated colours although I am sure when I get a bit further out I will have to carefully work out which rounds I colour change on. With the colour change wool (the Schjeepes whirl) I was concerned with the bobbles again that the subtle colour change might not be so subtle as you have to turn your work and go in the opposite direction and then change back again. I didn't want a section that looked a bit stronger in colour than the other side especially as it is getting bigger now and I cant get all the way around before the colour change comes in. It didn't show though so I was really pleased with that. The "cake" is getting close to finishing so I am going to have to go and buy another one and decide whether or not to keep going with the same one or try a new one. The colour has now gone into the dusky pink shade and is leaving very little of the old colour. Coming up is lilac and that will be the end shade.

Onto part 8 ....................






No comments:

Post a Comment