Monday 24 July 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 8


Well I have finally finished part 8 on all three of the blankets and have completed a new stitch that I have not done before. This part uses a long stitch, well more than one version of a long stitch if I am to be precise. It just depends on how many times around the hook the long stitch has. I was a bit concerned on how it would work on the colour change version. I knew there would be enough texture difference to work but what about colour difference. I needn't have worried as the change in colour was good and just enough. The lilac that is coming in was enough of a contrast over the treble clusters but not too much.

The double knit versions are really starting to show in size now. Doing the long stitch round (once I had got the hang of it) did seem to take a while but it is to be expected. I can imagine that future rounds are going to take an awful lot longer, especially if they are heavy on technique. Although I did find it a bit tricky to get the hang of, and I did have to have a couple of goes at it to get the tension right, I am pleased with how the colour pink "pops" over the base colour and also the other accent colour. Either grey on the white blanket or blue on the black blanket. I am really pleased with how they are yet again changing and the new stitches I am learning.



Onto part 9 .................

No comments:

Post a Comment