Monday 31 July 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 9




Part 9 is now complete so that theoretically is halfway as there is 18 parts to this blanket. This has probably been the easiest of all the parts to date so far and was very welcome after doing all those long stitches from the previous part. Although they were not difficult to do, once I had got the hang of them, getting the tension and placement meant extra pressure as it would have been very obvious if either of those things were wrong. There would have been no option but to frog and redo.

The shape of the blanket is changing again. There are now very visible points being formed that lie directly above the centre of the long stitch section. It will be very interesting to see how these are integrated into the plan and shape in the next part. I am still able to keep up with the repeat pattern of colours on both of the double knit versions, although this does take careful thought how it will precede and I have needed to work this out prior to starting as I cant follow the colour change that is suggested in the instructions. I don't think it is going too badly!

As you can see I finally have finished my first "cake" in the colour change wool version. I had to go and have a look and try and match up my work in the wool shop to see which one of the Scheepjes whirl would go in next. I original wanted to use the same one again but the shop had sold out of it and I was too impatient to wait for the next delivery and no where else where I live sells it so plan B had to be put into action. At the moment I have just started and the first colour is lilac and it is just starting to very slowly get lighter. I am quite liking this new colour and want to keep working on this version to see how the change goes in!

No new stitches to learn this time and I can't help but feel that where this round has been so nice and straight forward that it might be the calm before the storm with part 10 coming next and I've heard that it is a challenge. Bring it on!

Onto part 10 ...........................




No comments:

Post a Comment