Tuesday 15 August 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 10

Wow! I have managed to complete part 10 on the blankets, and what a part that was to do. With the previous part I mentioned that it seemed to feel like a break after completing all the long stitches on part 8 but also had the feeling that it could be the calm before the storm. It is a long part to complete and you definitely need patience as some rounds are more time consuming than others.

I have got used to doing popcorns and long stitches but to do both of them together and making sure that they all fell in the right place got tricky at times. Where you were working over the top of previous rounds it also felt as though you were not making progression in making the blanket any larger but the satisfaction when it was completed and seeing how it added to the beautiful texture certainly made it worth it and you could clearly see how it had progressed and added to the overall look of the blankets.

I am not a fan of having more than one colour on the go at the same time. Its time consuming to keep swopping over and also runs the risk that comes with keeping the correct tension on both yarns. I am not a fan of it when it comes to knitting either! That's just a personal thing and it is something that I am pleased that I can do. I do however love the effect that it brings and know I would hate weaving all those ends in if it was done individually. I would still be weaving now and possibly for the next couple of weeks. I didn't have that problem though when it came to the colour change blanket. I did this one second out of the three and it was a bit quicker to do and I really love how it has changed colour from the pale pink(ish) colour and started to go into a pale plum. The texture really does show up, obviously not as much as the double knit versions.

I am so pleased that I have managed to get this part done. It was definitely a challenge, but I love the results.

Onto part 11 ...................................




No comments:

Post a Comment