Sunday 20 August 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 11

Part 11 is now complete on all three blankets and it was much quicker to do than part 10! It was a relief to have an easier part to do again and there was only one new stitch to learn, a long single crochet. The blanket shape has started to change again with the addition of what I would call a diamond shape that is made up of doubles, trebles and double trebles. This did make the blanket feel a bit wobbly but it gives such a lovely effect.

I have a new favourite texture and it was done in round 73. I think it looks like a rope effect and it makes you want to feel it. I am really pleased with how neat it looks. It has worked well on all of the blankets. Both of the double knit ones it has been done in a shade of pink. The colour really "pops" on the black version where the pink is so bright. I did wonder how it would look on the colour change where the double trebles would not have a contrast colour to work with but the texture shows through. The colour has now gone from the light plum to a much darker plum by the end of this part and I am getting very near the end of the "cake". I really don't think I will have enough to complete part 12 so a trip to the wool shop is going to have to be done, taking the blanket with me to see which of the Scheepjes whirl colours will go in best next. It will have to follow on from a dark plum and still be in keeping with the colours that are already done.

The long single crochets came at the very end of the part and were very simple to do, inserting the hook in the stitch below and pulling it up. It gives added texture as well as a decorative effect. Well that's part 11 done......





Onto part 12.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment