Monday 11 September 2017

Mandala Madness - Part 12

Well, part 12 has finally been finished on the three blankets. Life seemed to get in the way and they had to take a bit of a back seat. It is also getting noticeably much longer to complete each round, although not as long as round 66! Its nice to revisit some of the very early stitches. I like doing the picot stitch. I wasn't sure at first, when I first had a go at them but I really like them now and think they give such a neat effect, lifting and joining the top to a higher round to give a shaper point. It was also lovely to finish with the stitch that I think looks a little bit like a rope. This is definitely one of my favourites. I love how the double trebles are done in the skipped stitch from a previous round and give such a curved effect. It works equally as well in the colour change wool as it does when physically changing the colours in the double knit versions.

The blankets are getting so big now that before I could have them on my lap when working on each of them but I am finding it more challenging. It is easier to crochet them when sat on my sofa as there is room to the side of me but its still going to be interesting when I get to the final rounds! I have tried the white version on my Mums bed to see how it looks and I cant wait to see it finished on there. It will be so cosy and warm in the winter. The colour change blanket is also getting bigger. It looks like it could be a table cloth on a round table now. Its not yet big enough for a bed, even a single one. Good job there is lots of rounds still to go. I love this pattern. Even when you are revisiting special stitches it never gets boring as the rounds are so different and are providing a good challenge.

Well that's part 12 done.

Onto part 13 ..............................



 

No comments:

Post a Comment