Thursday 6 April 2017

Pushing the boundaries - part 2


My two dressmaking challenges are now finally complete. I finished my skirt a couple of weeks ago and then set about making the sorbetto top. As I said before I found doing the bias binding edging the most tricky part. I have only done it once before and it went well that time. So typical! When I did it on my previous top I stitched it on the outside and then turned it onto the inside and stitched down. This gave a really neat crisp edge on the outside. This time I did it the other way. The crisp edge was on the inside and I ended up doing my top stitching twice as I really wasn't happy with it the first time. Still, its these things that we learn best from and give us the chance to keep on improving. My final touch was to add some diamante style gems. The dancing Mexican skeletons now have sparkly eyes. These were easy and straight forward to do as the gems have glue on the back then when heated up with the heat tool melts and sticks them to the fabric. I am really pleased with this effect.




I really like the apple buttons on my skirt. I think they finish it off with a splash of colour against the black and white.

https://blog.colettehq.com/news/free-pattern-to-download-the-sorbetto-tophttp://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/p/picnic-blanket-skirt.html
Links to the patterns that I was given as part of the challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment