Friday 19 January 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 (parts 1-3)

So as you know, I have been working on crocheting 3 Mandala Madness blankets at the same time since May last year. I have finished the white one (up to the end of the circle part by Helen) as it was a Christmas present for my Mum. I have said I will have it back off her once the weather gets warmer again so that I can get it squared up for her for next winters cold weather. The black one is up to the end of part 14 and the colour change one is up to the end of part 17. I am just waiting for my wool to come through the post so that I can get on further as I have not enough to complete the next round.

So with all that I thought it was a good time to start another one!

I have the most beautiful double knit yarn which is Stylecraft batik swirl and comes in a 200g cake. It is so soft. Unlike the Scheepjes whirl which has very slow and subtle colour changes (one thread at a time), this wools colour changes are very much quicker. I was quite apprehensive about how this would work out as unlike the double knit versions I am doing where a complete round stays the same colour, this one won't. So far the changes have worked out really well but the blanket is still small in size. I shall see how it progresses as I work through the next parts.

Parts 1-3. Love this pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment