Friday 26 January 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 (parts 4-6)

So I have done the next three parts of the new Mandala Madness blanket - version 4. I have forgotten how quick the earlier parts of this blanket are compared to the parts that I am working through on the other blankets. A round can take under an hour, compared to several hours on the other versions. Hence the fact that I have been able to complete the next three parts so quickly.

I am really loving how the stylecraft batik swirl yarn is working up. I was concerned about the bigger the blanket got the harder it will be to get all the way around before the colour changes. So far I have been really fortunate. There have only been a couple of times that the colour has changed mid-way but it hasn't been obvious. I know though that I will end up changing before getting back to the beginning on latter round, especially on ones that contain an awful lot of trebles!

So far I have used up nearly two 'cakes' of the batik swirls. The first one has got the lovely complementary lime green that goes so well with the different shades of purple. The second 'cake' is just shades of purple. I have two more still in my stash and I think the next one will be soft shades of greys and pale purples. Can't wait.

Parts 4-6





3 comments:

  1. These are just lovely! It's so satisfying to take a strand of yarn and turn it into something so beautiful and functional. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It definitely is satisfying, and also amazing what a strand of yarn can make. There are so many beautiful patterns out there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete