Saturday 10 February 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 - Part 10

I have done the previous blog posts on this blanket commenting on three parts completed at a time. I thought for this post I would comment on just part 10 as its the one that contains the infamous round 66!

I have been using the fourth batik swirl which contains a lot of dark blues and the lime green. It also has more different shades of the blues and greens as well. I really was hesitant at how this would go in, like I was with the previous swirl that had all the grey shades in. I thought that such a dramatic change away from the purples that are in the middle it would not work. And all those thoughts before getting to round 66.

I needn't have worried. The swirls looked so good in order before I started the blanket that I knew I would just have to trust those first instincts and go for it. The colours do change mid round but I am not as worried about that as I thought I would be. I don't have a huge amount of the swirl left so it has been a decision of what to do next. Do I keep going with the current order of 4? Or do I do something a bit different? That will be decided very soon as I get ready to start part 11.






No comments:

Post a Comment