Friday 16 February 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 - Parts 11-12

So, after the drama that is part 10 (and especially round 66), parts 11 and 12 seem like a breeze in comparison. I am loving how the colours are really starting to work with each other. Even if I have had more reservations about that than I care to admit! The blues and greens of the fourth swirl have worked really well against the different shades of purples and pinks of the first two swirls. And even the greys and purples of the third swirl have blended in really well. I think the pattern has helped the colours to blend with each other and I have had to keep reminding myself to keep going as all would be alright in the end. This has not always been easy I can tell you!

I think the trick has been, with the different colour changes, to step back and look at the blanket from a distance. When you are up close and personal it is very easy to see where the colour changes have happened. especially when it has been mid round. It goes against your instinct, and the need to stop, break off the colour, and start each round with a colour that you know you will finish the round with has been really great at times. To keep reminding yourself that the change will not be noticeable when viewed as a whole rather than a part. I love this wool. The style craft Batik swirl, as it is so very different to the other wools that I have used on the other blankets. This one is so much more of a challenge but so rewarding at the same time. I can't wait to see how the next few parts turn out as I am sure that the colour changes with choosing the next swirl will be just as challenging and what I plan to do in my head might just not be what I end up doing.

Loving this pattern ..........









No comments:

Post a Comment