Sunday 29 April 2018

Colour pooled loom knit scarf and hat set

So, you may recall that at the end of February I had been doing a loom knit scarf using the figure of eight stitch and was so surprised when, by accident, it turned out to be a colour pooled scarf. I had seen so many wonderful products on the internet with people posting pictures of their colour pooled items. It was something that I had always wanted to do, one day, and had seen posts that were offering links to where to find advice on how to plan your colour pooling and what types of yarn to use. The wool that I had used I had picked up at my local store and wanted to use it as it was so soft but not necessarily in my colour ways.

I have finally got around to making the hat to go with the scarf as I had bought a pack of 4 balls of wool and I had one ball left over.

Using my 36 peg loom I set about starting to make the hat using my own made up pattern. I had done one hat before (it was also my first hat), and the wool was a similar style and thickness but a different brand so I hoped that it would come out very similar. The colour of the first had was just one colour, plum, so I was curious to see how this self striping wool would come out especially after the surprise with the scarf.

I used an e-wrap throughout as at the moment apart from the figure of eight stitch it is the only one I know. That I plan to change in the future. I did so many rows and then folded up for the brim then carried on until I thought I had got the right height, checking for length against my previous hat, for the crown and then finished off.

I am really pleased with how the yarn has worked with the yellow and lilac spiralling up. It goes so well with the pattern on the scarf and was yet again a lovely happy accident. Sometimes they are the best ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment