Thursday 12 April 2018

Mini backpack phone cases

So, as you know I have been busy making four Mandala Madness blankets. Two of the them have been finished to the end of the round part. One is very nearly finished and the other one is not that far behind that. Once they are finished I will have the fun part to square them off. As they are now so big it can take several hours to complete a round on each of them. This can be quite hard going, especially when I really want to complete the round and not have to come back to it and try and find out exactly how (and where) the pattern is up to.

To combat this I have been making up patterns for mini bag charms. I have done a range of emojis, melons, spooky faces, mini socks and even a panda face! I have really enjoyed making these are they are pretty quick to do and as a bonus use up some of the scraps of wool that I have hanging around. I also made some mini backpacks as well. They have a flap and underneath there is a tie so that it can be used as a mini bag to put something in.

It was suggested to me that this design would look great if it was enlarged slightly so that it could be used as a phone case. Having been set the challenge it was back to the drawing board (or rather hook and wool) to see if the design could be made bigger without changing the shape too much. It didn't take too much tweaking and I am really pleased with the result. So much so that I have so far made seven of them!. My favourite has to be the last one that I have done which is the cute little fox with the button to open the flap doubling up as his nose.

I really love making these. The problem I have now is that I have to many ides of what I could make next. I want to transfer the melon design that I did as a small bag charm, the panda, a cute little cat and I even would like to do an owl. The possibilities that I have going around my head are endless! The other problem I have (apart from time available) is I still want to keep working on my blankets, especially as they are so close to being finished. I guess though its not a bad problem to have.

Onto the next ones ...........






No comments:

Post a Comment