Saturday 7 April 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 - Part 16

So, I have been looking forward to how the next batik swirl is going to look and go in as I knew that I would be finishing the grey and purple one during this part. I am so very pleased with how the colour placement has gone.

The part started off with doing the folding trebles. I love the texture that this particular stitch gives. The pale greys do work well for it. The blanket has been a circular shape for a while now so I was looking forward to seeing it change shape with the introduction of the semi-circle shapes being introduced, especially as I was getting towards the end of the whirl. There are lots of trebles to do which does eat up the yarn but also makes the blanket grow quicker in size if not in time taken to do a round. Some taking more than a couple of hours to complete.

The blues and greens have gone is so well having been introduced during the latter part of the semi-circles. With this quite dramatic change in colour it feels as though it is adding an outline, almost like a border colour that contrasts with the rest of the blanket. It does pick up and emphasise where it was done previous and also add to the continuity of the pattern of whirls.

I can't believe how close I am to finishing of the main circle part of the blanket. Only two parts left to go. It will then be on to the squaring off of the Mandala. I am looking forward to it, even if it is with apprehension!

Onto part 17. The penultimate ..............





No comments:

Post a Comment