Friday 30 March 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 - Part 15

So, the last time I worked on this version of the blanket there had been a couple of unexpected snow days and what better excuse to stay indoors in the warm and snuggle under the blanket and crochet. This time however instead of snow the weather has decided to be gloomy and won't stop raining. I don't mind the snow or rain as such as long as I can be indoors in the warm working on my craft stuff!

The blanket is now up to the end of part 15 and the last round contains one of my favourite stitches. The ruffle stitch. It looks so effective. What I particularly like about it with this blanket is the fact that I have finished the seventh cake of wool and have now started the eighth. Bring on the greys and purples again! The ruffle stitch has been done in the pale grey for most of the round which makes it really stand out when compared against the dusky pink colour of a couple of rounds before. There is also so many front loop trebles in the last round of this part. They will get folded in the next part and make a lovely folded stitch that will give more definition and texture to the blanket.

Trebles seem to be a theme throughout this section. There are many treble clusters as well. I like how they are done in both rounds 94 and 95. This has meant that the gap left in between them in the first round has been filled in the second round. A really nice touch.

I am looking forward to how the greys and purples work into the blanket through the next part especially as the blanket is getting so big now. I may even have to start on the next cake which will contain the blues and greens from earlier on in the blanket. Oh for more rain or snow days!

Onto part 16 ..............






No comments:

Post a Comment