Sunday 4 March 2018

Mandala Madness - version 4 - Part 13

So with the weather deciding to take a turn for the worse, snow, freezing rain and wind chills taking the temperature to minus figures it was lovely to curl up under this blanket and get part 13 completed. It is only one part now behind where my black Mandala Madness blanket is.

This part saw the introduction of the next swirl and I had to decide which one that would be. I had planned on reversing the order of the first four but on closer look I thought that the first swirl would look much better next to the shades of greys and lilacs than the one that was mostly pinks and purples. I am so glad that I did this as it looks great. One of my fears with this swirl is the fact that there are quite a lot of different colours and so the sections are much shorter. This would have an impact on whether they would get all the way around. They didn't and I am ok with that as the colours still separated out in the rounds. They didn't end up as block colours but still had the desired stripe effect.

I really like the semi circles that this part has and all those trebles! It really does change the overall appearance of the blanket. The swirl has really tied it back to the textures that I started with and I like how the green shade is working its way up through the blanket. The thing that I am learning with this blanket is that it is ok to have an idea, to have a thought on how to continue with the different swirls. But it is also ok to change that plan, that idea if a better thought comes along. To go with the flow and not be resistant to change.

Loving this pattern .........






No comments:

Post a Comment