Sunday 13 May 2018

Crochet emoji backpack phone cases



So, you may recall that a few weeks ago I made up a pattern for mini emoji crochet bag charms and the couple that I started out making soon turned into several more. I also had made up a pattern for mini backpack bagcharms. I loved how the mini backpacks were functional as well as decorative. They have a button on the flap at the front that when you undo it there is a tie that can also be undone giving access to the backpack storage space. Just like a real size backpack. I thought that these could come in useful for putting in some loose change for the carpark, a lipstick or even a small toy. Whatever the user wanted to.

It was then suggested to me that the concept of these mini backpacks could be enlarged and become a phone case (one possible use). I really liked enlarging the pattern up and seeing what I could come up with that would be different from the bag charm versions. Several different versions were then "born". I kept on coming back to drawing and making different emoji's and then the idea to combine the two into a new backpack design came to me.

I really like how these have come out and have evolved from the bag charms that they started out as. I did think that were the flap of the backpack is not circular that they might look a bit strange but I don't think it detracts from the overall design. At the same time I also thought that I would see how the watermelon design would look as a phone case as the original are a semi circle and this is a full "circle". I think that this design is also successful.

Having completed the first couple of emoji designs I know that I am not finished with this idea. There are so many more emoji designs out there as I have found out when researching which face deign I want to do next. I cane see me making many more.

Crochet emoji backpack phone cases - plus a watermelon





                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment